2013年6月13日 星期四

nothing like a dream

There is nothing like a dream to create the future!
     創造未來-你一定要有夢想



2013年6月12日 星期三

While chasing a dream

There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream.

    當你在追求夢想時,沒有人知道你還要跑多遠.



2013年6月5日 星期三

Yesterday

Yesterday Beatles / 昨日 披頭四合唱團



Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away 昨日,所有的煩惱彷彿遠在天邊
Now it looks as though they're here to stay 現在它似乎在此停留
Oh, I believe in yesterday 噢!我相信昨日
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be 剎那間,我已不是從前的我
There's a shadow hanging over me 有一片陰影懸在我心頭
Oh, yesterday came suddenly 噢!昨日來得太匆匆
Why she had to go 為何她得離去
I don't know she wouldn't say
我不知道,她也不肯說
I said something wrong
我想是我說錯了一些話
Now I long for yesterday
此刻,我多麼嚮往昨日
Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play 昨日,愛情是一場簡單的遊戲
Now I need a place to hide away
現在,我需要找個地方躲起來
Oh, I believe in yesterday
噢!我相信昨日

2013年6月4日 星期二

Nick : I am very thankful

值得一看的影片:人生的功課首先要學會"感恩"


Nick: I wasn't ready! 我還沒準備好
I have no arms and legs, but I am very thankful that I have my little drumstick here.
我沒有雙手雙腳, 不過我很感恩我還有這隻小小腿.
People freak out when they see me for the first time. It was so cool.  I was at the water slide all by myself. Everyone always stay at the bottom of the slide looking up and waiting for other people to come down and here I come. They’re freaking out. They’re like (surprised.) And I’m tempted to look at myself and go (surprising gesture). What happened?!
當人們第一次看到我時, 他們總是嚇呆了. 有一次我獨自去玩划水道, 其他人都在划水道底部等待觀望別人划出來. 當我滑出來的時候, 全場的人看到我沒手沒腳都嚇傻了, 想說發生什麼事情了. 我也常裝傻作個戲大喊: 發生什麼事了(手腳怎麼不見了)???
There were times when I sort of look at my life, and think I can’t do this, and I can’t do that.  And you keep on concentrating on the things you wish you had and things you wish you didn’t have.  And you sort of forget what you do have.  And there’s no point, I believe, in my life where I wish I have arms and legs.  I wish I have arms and legs.  I wish I have arms and legs.  Wishing weren’t help.
 
我過去也曾經自我懷疑過, 想說我不能做這個, 不能做那個. 如果你一直專注於你想要確得不到的, 或是一直專注於你不想得到的, 你反而忘記了你所擁有的. 我可以一直想: 真希望我有雙手雙腳, 真希望我有雙手雙腳, 真希望我有雙手雙腳! 但光只是想, 一點用都沒有!
 
What I have seen in life, is a couple of key principles.  And, the first thing I have seen if to be thankful.  It’s hard to be thankful man.  I tell you when I was eight-years old, I sort of summed up my life, and thought I’m never gonna get married.  I’m not going to have a job.  I’m not going to have a life with purpose.  What kind of a husband am I going to be when I can’t even hold my wife’s hand.
 
我悟出了幾個人生的重要準則, 第一個就是: 要心存感激. 雖然這是非常難做到的. 當我八歲時, 我對自己的人生下了一個小小的結論: 我永遠無法結婚, 不會有工作機會, 不會擁有一個有意義的人生. 一個無法牽自己老婆手的男人, 算是哪門子的老公?
 
It’s a lie to think that you are not good enough.  It’s a lie to think that you are not worth anything.
 
不要覺得你不夠好, 那是個天大的謊言. 不要覺得你自己一無是處, 那也是個天大的謊言

Nick: It’s freezing.  I can’t feel my hands!  Ha ha ha...
好冷阿~ 冷到我感覺不到我的雙手了~
 
I love life.  So many people come and say “how come you smile so much?”.  And I’m like, well, it’s a long story, but it’s very simple at the same time.  You see.  It’s very hard to smile sometimes in life.  There are things that happen in life that you don’t know and you don’t understand.  You don’t know if you’re going to get through it.  You know.  You go through your storm in life, and you don’t know how long this storm is going to be.  
 
我熱愛生命. 很多人問我說, 你怎麼隨時都在笑? 我的回應是: 原因很簡單: 人生常常會碰到一些讓你笑不出來的事. 就像你進入了暴風圈, 你不但不知道暴風雨會持續多久, 你也不知道你有沒有辦法撐過這暴風雨.

Today I’m going to share with you some principles I have learned in my life, and you can use in yours.
今天, 我要跟大家分享一些我領悟的人生準則, 讓你也可以遵從這些準則.
 
Being patient is beautiful. I’m telling you it’s the hardest thing. I realize I may not have hands to hold my wife’s hands but,  when the time comes, I will be able to hold her heart. I don't need hands to hold her heart.
 
保持耐心很重要. 雖然非常非常的困難. 我接受我無法緊握我未來老婆的雙手, 不過當時機來臨時, 我緊扣住她的心. 緊扣住她的心無須用手.
 
You know it's scary to know how many girls have eating
disorders. It's scary to know how many people are just angry at life because of their situation at home and angry at others.
It’s scary to know how many  people actually feel like they’re worth nothing.
 
得知底下這三件事, 會讓人覺得很恐懼
1. 有多少女孩們有飲食失調的困擾
2. 有多少人因為家中發生的小事而憤世忌俗, 憎恨他人.
3. 有多少人覺得自己一無是處.
 
Every single girl, right here right now, I want you to know you're beautiful.
You’re gorgeous just the way you are. And you boys, you're the men.
 
在這裡的每位女孩, 我要告訴你, 你很美麗. 你無須做任何改變, 就已經很亮麗. 男孩們: 你們都是最棒的.
 
On this DVD, I share my experiences in life of how I’ve overcome challenges and seen a new, fresh perspective in life: to be thankful, to dream big, and to never give up. I speak to children, youths and adults about key issues and principles that I’ve  applied in my life that is giving me the strength to conquer all that comes before me.
 
在這片DVD, 我分享了我的人生經驗, 我如何克服困難, 我如何用另一個新視野看我的人生: 心懷感恩, 心懷夢想, 且永不放棄. 我的聽眾含括小孩, 青少年以及成人, 我跟他們分享所有我用來克服人生障礙的準則.


2013年6月3日 星期一

What does love mean?


Slow down for three minutes to read this. It is so worth it.
Touching words from the mouths of babes..
A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds ,
'What does love mean?'    (全文)
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined
See what you think: 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'When someone loves you , the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.' (Billy - age 4)

'Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.' (Karl - age 5 )

'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries
without making them give you any of theirs.' (Chrissy - age 6)

'Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.' (Terri - age 4 )

'Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him , to make sure the taste is OK.' (Danny - age 7 )

'Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing , you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that.
They look gross when they kiss'  (Emily - age 8 )

And the final one

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.  
Upon seeing the man cry , the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard , climbed onto his lap , and just sat there.
When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor , the little boy said ,
'Nothing , I just helped him cry'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When there is nothing left but your God , that is when you find out that God is all you need. Take 60 seconds and give this a shot! All you do is simply say the following small prayer for the person who sent you this.

Heavenly Father , please bless all my
friends in whatever it is that You know they may be needing this day! And may their life be full of Your peace , prosperity and power as he/she seeks to have a closer relationship with You.
Amen .

USD 20 Worth of Time

價值 $20 美金的時間 ~~ 給所有愛你及你愛的人


USD 20 Worth of Time

一位爸爸下班回家很晚了,很累並有點煩,發現他五歲的兒子靠在門旁等他。
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.
「爸,我可以問你一個問題嗎 ?Daddy, may I ask you a question?
「當然可以,什麼問題?」父親回答Yes sure, what is it? replied the man
「爸,你一小時可以賺多少錢?Daddy, how much do you make an hour?
「這與你無關,你為什麼問這個問題?」父親生氣的說著thats none of your business, why do you ask such a thing? the man said angrily.

「我只是想知道,請告訴我,你一小時賺多少錢?」小孩哀求著I just want to know, please tell me, how much do you make an hour? pleaded the little boy.
「假如你一定要知道的話,我一小時賺20塊美金」if you must know, I make $20 an hour
「喔!」小孩低著頭這樣回答。小孩跟著說︰Oh, the little boy replied, with his head down, looking up, he said,
「爸,可以借我10塊美金嗎?dad, may I please borrow $10?

父親發怒了 !  The father was furious,
「如果你問這問題只是要借錢去買毫無意義的玩具或東西的話,給我回到你的房間並上床好好想想為什麼你會那麼自私。」
「我每天長時間辛苦工作著,沒時間和你玩小孩子的遊戲」
if the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a sill toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed, think about why you are being so selfish.”
I work long hard hours everyday and don’t have time for such this childish behavior.”

小孩安靜地回自己房並關上門 The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
這位父親坐下來還對小孩的問題生氣 The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boys questions.
他怎麼敢只為了錢而問這種問題 ? How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
約一小時後,他平靜下來了,開始想著他可能對孩子太兇了After about an hour or so, the had calmed down, and started to think hey may have been a little hard on his son.
或許他應該用那10塊錢美金買小孩真正想要的,他不常要錢用Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and he really didnt ask for money very often.

父親走到小孩的房門並打開門 The man went to the door of the little boys room and opened the door.
「你睡了嗎孩子?」他問著are you asleep, son? he asked.
「爸,還沒睡,我還醒著」小孩回答著no daddy, Im awake replied the boy.
「我想過了,我剛剛可能對你太兇了」父親說著Ive been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier, said the man.
「我將今天的悶氣都爆發出來了。這是你要的10塊錢美金」Its been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Heres the $10 you asked for.

小孩笑著坐直了起來,「爸,謝謝你」小孩叫著The little boy sat straight up, smiling. Oh, thank you daddy! he yelled.
接著小孩從枕頭下拿出一些被弄皺了的鈔票Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.
這父親看到小孩已經有錢了,快要再次發脾氣The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.
這小孩慢慢地算著錢,接著看著他的爸爸The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.
「為什麼你已經有錢了還需要更多?」父親生氣的說著Why do you want more money if you already have some? the father grumble.
「因為我之前不夠,但我現在足夠了」小孩回答because I didnt have enough, but now I do, the little boy replied.

「爸,我現在20塊錢美金了,我可以向你買一個小時的時間嗎? 明天請早一點回家,我想和你一起吃晚餐。」daddy, I have $20 now, can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow, I would like to have dinner with you.
這個故事與你所喜歡的人分享,但更重要的,與你所愛的人分享這價值20塊錢美金的時間。  Share this story with someone you like..but even better, share $20 worth of time with someone you love.
這只是提醒辛苦工作的各位Its just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life.

我們應該花一點時間來陪那些在乎我們,關心我們的人而不要讓時間從手指間溜走……We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

2013年6月1日 星期六

Limits of the possible

The only way of finding the limits of the possible
           is by going beyond them into the impossible.
                     找出可能的極限就是做到不可能為止


Life is made up of little things

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big,  每個人都想成就大事, 
  not realizing that life is made up of little things.       但不了解生命是由小事堆砌而成